Thursday, March 20, 2014

I yuv you Mommy!

I was sitting on the couch this morning trying to wake up, when Grace (also having just woken up) walked into the room and climbed up on my lap and said "I love you mom," then sat there and snuggled me for a few minutes. Grace is a girl on the move, so snuggles with her are rare and precious.

This afternoon, as I was tucking Bethany in for her rest, I said "I love you baby." She looked up at me from where she was cozily snuggled under the covers and said "I yuv you, Mommy." Touched, I repeated again,  "Love you" and was about to turn and walk out the door when she said  again "I yuv you, Mommy."  Smiling, I told her I loved her again, and we went back and forth several times like that, giggling. Finally, I said "Love you, goodnight" and blew her a kiss and she did the same back to me. It was too sweet!

After rest time, I was holding Cambree when I started doing "This little piggy." When I got to the end, where the piggy "wee wee wee's", she gave me the biggest cheesy smile. Then Grace asked if she could do it and Cambree kept smiling at her throughout. It was so cute!

This evening, Grace sat on my lap while I taught her how to write her lower case r, a, and e so she can write her name. She did a great job, and felt so proud of herself, as did I. It was so nice to hold her and work (and succeed) with her.

Today's Pictures:
Cambree Cutie. (Note from March 23--she has been giving out the BEST smiles this week!)



We bought this cape when we I was pregnant with Grace, but the girls have just recently gotten in to wearing it (inspired by watching Hotel Transylvania). I love this picture because this is how Bethany poses (back to us, with her bum poking out and her head over her shoulder--just like I mentioned her doing with her backpack). So. cute.

Apparently we took too long to getting Kaylee wrapped up for bed, cuz she passed out like this on the couch. ;)
 
We bought the girls new pillows today and they were excited to have them (Note from March 23: I don't think the girls have actually slept on these pillows yet; we always find them with their heads just below them when we tuck them in at night--sillies!)


This is how Bethany looked today when I was laying her down for her nap and she said "I love you Mommy to me." Melt my heart!

No comments: