Friday, March 28, 2014

My dancing shoes!

This morning at breakfast, Grace declared that she wanted to be a doctor someday. Pleased, I replied that she definitely could be, and would just need to work hard in school, and later college and medical school. Then she asked "What do you learn in doctor school? Do they have play time?" Smiling, I replied, "No, you just learn how to be a doctor." After a moments pause, she countered "Well, we (meaning at preschool) learn our ABC's..." It was such a cute conversation!

After seeing me vacuum this morning, Grace caught the cleaning bug and decided to clean her room as well. She made her bed, then organized all her stuffed animals and books and made sure her dresser top was clear. It was adorable and made me so proud!

Bethany loves to play with Grace's Pooh animals, especially at bedtime. This evening, I was walking by her in the hall when I saw her holding Kanga and Roo together, making them "say" "I'm so excited (to) see you!," then pressing them closer together and saying "Hug!" It was adorable!

Tonight, at bedtime, Bethany put on an old pair of her shoes and started dancing around the room saying "My dancing shoes! My dancing shoes!" It was too cute! Then, just after we laid Grace and Bethany down, I heard Bethany call from her room "Mom! I wanna hug and kiss you!" So, of course I had to go back in and get some lovin from my sweet girl. :)
 
Today's pictures:
Grace chilling with the babies during tummy time:

Taking a little rest (Cambree L, Kaylee R):

Bethany wanted to help wrap one of the babies up for their rest :)

My parents were wonderful and watched the kids for us so we could go on a lunch date. Here are Grace and Bethany gearing up for a horsey ride. I love my Bethany's smile!


The weather was FINALLY nice enough to go out and play for a little bit, so my dad took them out to play just as we were getting home.



I adore the way Grace and Bethany run. Bethany full on pumps her arms across her body and sways her body from side to side while she runs.

Grace gets her arms moving too (though you can't see that here). Both of them are getting faster!

"Hike! Hike!" They love to "hike" in the yard with the fallen branches.

Leaf fun. I love the feeling this picture evokes, of letting go and being fully free:

 
Grace climbed down into the window well and invited Bethany to join her. (They always look down and to the side when I try to take a posed picture of them.) The cuties!

No comments: