Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Double Snuggles

I decided to let Bethany skip a nap and have her rest time with Grace today. Next thing I know, I hear them loudly singing the theme songs to their favorite shows (Wonder Pets and Super Why), and when I go in there, the two of them are taking turns "performing" on the treadmill (as if it were their stage). Silly girls!

The split pea activity was such a big hit that I decided to do one with rice as well (the "rice station"), so both Bethany and Grace could play at the same time. Bethany was first to try it out this morning, and had so much fun that she spent almost an hour playing with it! Her favorite things to do were pretend that the purple dinosaur needed a bath and shower/cover him with rice, and just run her hands and arms in the rice. Bethany is a girl who loves to feel things, and do things repetitively, so this is a perfect activity for her.

Last night for the first time, and then again today, Bethany helped Travis say the prayer at dinner, repeating the words after he said them. It was so sweet to hear her little voice saying a prayer to Heavenly Father. :)

Tonight at the girls' bedtime, I was holding both Kaylee and Cambree while Travis was reading the scriptures with Grace. As I sat there swaying back and forth to comfort my sleepy babies, they both fell asleep in my arms. It was such a sweet moment.

Today's Pictures:
Here's how Bethany's and I's game of hiding and finding the dinosaurs went today in pictures.
Searching..."Where is it? Where'd it go?"

"Ah! I see it!" (with this cute "O" expression on her face):

"I got it!!"

Feeling proud:
 
She did this every time. It was adorable!

No comments: