Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Showing the love

I was sitting on the couch holding Kaylee, when Grace asked "Can I hold her?" (This is big, since Grace has only asked to do this a handful of times with Bethany or the twins). I replied that of course she could and helped her hold Kaylee in her arms. Gazing lovingly at Kaylee she said "She's the prettiest baby in the whole world." A minute later, she leaned forward and gave Kaylee a gentle kiss and whispered "I love her." Grace truly LOVES the twins. She is always asking us "Can I see that baby?", and will quietly come over to see and talk to them from time to time throughout the day. She also loves to hold their hands and tell us the silly things she sees them doing. And when several of us are leaving the house, she always checks to make sure that someone is staying home to take care of the babies. :) She's a great big sister!

Today, as I was getting Bethany ready to lay down for her nap, I asked her "Do you know how precious you are?" She responded quietly, "I yuv you mommy." (Bethany has said "I love you" before, but rarely unprompted, so this totally melted my heart!)

No comments: